Saturday 22 January 2011

Julian Rosefeldt - American Night

Julian Rosefeldt (b.1965) has made a name for himself with lavishly produced, moving image multi-screen installations. American Night is one of his most complex works to date – a five channel film installation. In it he uses the stylistic devices of the Western genre, to deconstruct the myth of the founding of America and relate it to the ambitions of recent US foreign policy.



After watching my time lapse footage I started to think back to the beginning of the term when we went to see American Night as a class, and how much I enjoyed the complex multiscreen narrative. Split screens is something that I have been looking at for a while and I am going to try and deconstruct the CCTV footage I have been analysing to try and create some linear and non linear stories, that I could play in a similar way

No comments:

Post a Comment