Saturday 22 January 2011

Analysing CCTV footage



Above is a still image from the film Red Road, which shows Jackie who works as a CCTV operator. Each day she watches over a small part of the world, protecting the people living their lives under her gaze.

After seeing this film it made me want to start looking at cctv footage of my own to become a real voyeur and to give me the opportunity to start creating stories and characters in my head from what I see on screen. I managed to get hold of some old time lapse footage which is from the building which I live in. I have now started to analyse this footage to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

Below is a picture of the tapes that I found. Something strange that I noticed is that tape number 9 is missing as there are 1-10 but no number 9, as if there was some sort of incriminating footage that someone has gotten rid of.



No comments:

Post a Comment