Wednesday 1 December 2010

Disorientated Narrative

To help me try to create narratives and storyboard, I have started looking at my found objects and begun creating stories from my imagination. These include murders, accidents and people going missing. I have started to experiment with filming and photography to create interesting narratives. I like films where the narrative is non-linear such as Crash, 11:14 and Memento.

I have watched re-watched Memento to try help me understand how this non-linear narrative is put together. I have started to analyse the opening scene like I did with scream, but instead looking at the unusual narrative structure.

I have started to put together footage and photos I have taken at my site to start creating my own non linear narrative, which makes you think and wonder what is going on, but also allow the viewer to fantasise and create stories for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment