Monday 29 November 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

For my birthday I asked for the essential alfred Hitchcock collection as I had never seen Rear window before and wanted to watch it plus the others.



'The hero of Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window" is trapped in a wheelchair, and we're trapped, too - trapped inside his point of view, inside his lack of freedom and his limited options. When he passes his long days and nights by shamelessly maintaining a secret watch on his neighbors, we share his obsession. It's wrong, we know, to spy on others, but after all, aren't we always voyeurs when we go to the movies? Here's a film about a man who does on the screen what we do in the audience - look through a lens at the private lives of strangers...

This ties in nicely with my voyeuristic research I have compiled so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment